HOW WE STARTED
- In the late 1990’s, a group of approximately 25 people- made up of Christian families of all ages- felt God calling them to do something special in Schuylkill County.
- The group began meeting on Sunday evenings for discussion and prayer and became energized with the idea of a “new” church.
- After a great deal of prayer and God’s direction they decided to move forward. They decided to plan their first service for Easter Sunday, 1999.
- This first service was held in the Senior Citizens Building in Schuylkill Haven with approximately 50 people in attendance.
- A Pastoral Search Committee was organized and made a recommendation to hire an Ohio native, Steve Cremeans as the first pastor. Steve was hired and he and his family remained with FAITH until December of 2004, and then they returned to Ohio.
- Youth Pastor Doug Cresswell was asked to fill in as Senior Pastor, while a Purpose-Driven Search Committee was appointed by the Management Team to find a new pastor.
- After six weeks of searching and defining their need, the Committee approached Pastor Doug to fill this pastoral role, and made that recommendation to the Management Team.
- Following the recommendation of the Management Team, the FAITH membership unanimously approved Pastor Doug and Robin Cresswell as their new Pastor.
- Pastor Doug took over in January of 2005, becoming full-time in July of 2005.
- Early in the FAITH years, a three year lease was obtained for the former Ron’s Market on Route 61, Orwigsburg. After extensive remodeling, much of which was done by volunteers, the group settled into a beautiful worship and teaching area, where they remained until April 2008.
- In April 2008, FAITH moved into a converted warehouse owned by Pioneer Pole Buildings. Once again, the group made major renovations and created a beautiful 400 seat sanctuary with multiple classrooms and facilities for FAITH use.
WHAT YOU SEE TODAY IS THE RESULT OF THOUSANDS OF PRAYERS AND HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF HARD WORK AND LABOR. WE FEEL HONORED TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO GOD’S WORK.